We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Chat with any of our personnel on our website
- Purchase a health insurance plan (“Plan”);
- Make a claim; or
- Contact us by telephone, fax, email, website, our apps or post to make a general enquiry or discuss your Plan or claim.
Why do we collect personal information?The main reason we collect personal information is to enable us to provide you with the Plan you intend to purchase or have purchased and to make sure we administer it correctly and efficiently. Steps are taken to ensure the data we hold is accurate, kept up to date and not kept for longer than is necessary. Measures are taken to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or destruction or damage to the data.
However, if you believe the information we hold about you is factually incorrect, you can ask us to amend it. In certain circumstances, you can ask us to stop using your personal information – for example if you think the personal information we hold may be inaccurate or you think we no longer need to process it.
What do we use your information for?Any information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your personal needs).
- To process transactions.
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to our Plans and services, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we process your information?We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. We normally process standard personal information if this is necessary to provide the services set out in a contract, it is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests or it is required or allowed by any law that applies.
Do we disclose your information to third parties?We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties, your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site polices, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses. We also disclose information where:
- It is necessary to establish, make or defend legal claims;
- It is necessary for the purposes of preventing or detecting an unlawful act in circumstances where we must carry out checks without your permission so as not to affect the outcome of those checks;
- It is necessary for a purpose designed to protect the public against dishonesty, malpractice or other seriously improper behaviour;
- It is in the public interest, in line with any laws that apply;
- It is information that you have made public; or
- We have your permission.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered non-personal information. We also collect the following: